Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sermon outline I HAVE SINNED



1)      An interesting expression:  “I HAVE SINNED.”
2)      Who in the Bible has said (publicly or privately):  I have sinned?
3)      Ex. 9:27 is the verse I want to read – READ  
4)      Verse 30 – READ  
5)      Ex. 9:34 – READ 
6)      If this ruler had been sincere, one might think he would have been more specific.
7)      Rather than say “I have sinned,” this man could have said, “I have sinned against God and His people.”
a)      In our time and culture a person may try to dance around sin.
b)      Rather than tell admit, “I sinned against you by this or that,” something like this might be said:
c)      If I have offended you in some way” – this is said avoid acknowledging a specific act of wrongdoing.
8)      Ex. 10:15 –READ 
9)      Verses 16-17 of Ex. 10 – READ 

BALAAM.

a)      We have some information about this man in Num. 22.
b)      The people of Israel were encamped at the plains of Moab – a place where the Moabites lived
c)      A Moabite king knew what the Israelites had done to another nation – the Amorites.
d)     The Moabites were scared – terrified – of what Israel could or would do to them.
2)      When Balaam realized God’s displeasure with him he said, “I HAVE SINNED” – Num. 22:34.

ACHAN – JOSH. 7 WHEN IT COMES TO SIN, WE ARE DEALING WITH SOMETHING SO SERIOUS A PERSON MIGHT COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY, “I HAVE SINNED!”

1)      Josh 7:11 – READ 
2)      Verse 15 – READ  

3)      Josh. 7:20 – READ  
4)      Of all the people looked this morning who said “I have sinned” not one of them fared very well.
5)      What about us?  Are we able to say, “I have sinned”?
6)      If we are old enough to be accountable for our actions, this is what we need to say.
7)      Because we are guilty of sin, what will our reaction to sin be?
a)      Will we try to hide it like Achan?
b)      Will we be stubborn about it like Balaam?
c)      Will we follow the path of Pharaoh?
8)      Will we be honest about and truly deal with it as the Bible describes?

No comments:

Post a Comment