Tuesday, November 4, 2014

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity



Depart From Me ..."

The Bible says in Matthew 7:22-23, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Many, many, today fall into the category mentioned. They are making all kinds of claims of doing “worthy works” and always, “in the name of the Lord.” Just to make a declaration that a thing is “in the name of the Lord” or by his authority, doesn't make it so. Some of these have been exposed as religious frauds. The word “iniquity” as is used in the quoted verse is translated by the word “lawlessness” in several other translations. That is, these people the Lord was talking about were spiritual “outlaws.” They were doing their “wonderful” works outside the realm of Bible authority.
But hear what the Lord says their end will be: “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [or lawlessness].”

- by Bob Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment