Monday, December 19, 2016

God says it. I believe it. That settles it



Num 23:3  And Balaam said unto Balak, Stand by thy burnt offering, and I will go: peradventure the LORD will come to meet me: and whatsoever he sheweth me I will tell thee. And he went to an high place. 

I love the Balaam that is in this chapter. Read the words that he said:
Num 23:3  …. the LORD will come to meet me: and whatsoever he sheweth me I will tell thee.
Num 23:8  How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied? 
Num 23:12  And he answered and said, Must I not take heed to speak that which the LORD hath put in my mouth? 
Num 23:20  Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it. 
Num 23:26  But Balaam answered and said unto Balak, Told not I thee, saying, All that the LORD speaketh, that I must do? 

If every preacher and Christian today would possess the same commitment to the word of God as Balaam, there will not be a single false doctrine circulating around the world today. Unfortunately, denominations who profess to speak only the word of God fail to obey every commandment of God.

Years ago, the denominations came out with this sticker which they pasted on their cars: “God says it. I believe it. That settles it.” At first reading, it sounds good. But, how about those commandments in which God says them and they don’t believe them? God says that “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved” (Mark 16:16). Well, denominations don’t believe that commandment. So, who is going to settle it?

The truth is, when God says it; that settles it. It doesn’t matter if anyone believes it or not! When God says “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved,” it means that only “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.” If anyone does not believe that statement, he will not be saved. God said it; that settles it!

We need preachers who preach the word of God as it is written: “and whatsoever he sheweth me I will tell thee” (Numbers 23:3b). The world needs preachers who preach the word of God as it is written; nothing more and nothing less.

Balaam also said: “How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied? ” (Numbers 23:8). We see his commitment to stick to the will of God. He was saying that it was impossible for him to go against the commandment of God. God wills it and therefore he cannot change it.

We see a different attitude from the denominations today. Here are two examples:
1. Acts 2:38: “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.” But denominations say baptism is not for remission of sins.
2. John 4:24: “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” But denominations say you can change the worship of God using men’s ways.

Denominations change the commandments of God. They will not adhere to God’s commandments like Balaam. The scriptures emphatically states that anyone who does not abide in the teachings of Christ does not have God (1 John 1:9).

The important question is: “Whose words will you listen to: God’s words or men’s word?” I prefer to listen and obey the words of God. What about you?


Jimmy Lau
Psa 119:97  Oh how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment