Monday, December 31, 2012

Predictions for 2013

Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might."

 

A few hours from now we will usher in the new year 2013 surrounded by so much unrest both socially and politically. This year begins at a time when so many events are happening that cause our hearts to be troubled. Uncertainty permeates our society. This is a time in which we find great comfort in the words of Jesus found in John 14:1-3. It is a time in which we should heed the words of Paul in Phil. 4:6-7. 

 

Entering this new year with its unrest and uncertainty, I pray we will be strong as children of God knowing that the power of God in our lives is unlimited. Before us lies many battles that we will have to fight. There will be battles with temptations brought into our lives by the lure of the world around us (1 John 2:15-17). There will be fierce battles as the result of physical conditions or adverse circumstances brought to bear upon us. We will have to fight the good fight of faith everyday we live (1 Tim. 6:12). Thanks be to God, our strength is not of ourselves. We have the promise of God that he will help us in our struggles. When fierce temptation strikes, when a burden must be borne, when the storm clouds gather and the battle begins to rage, if our trust is in God, he will impart to us the strength needed to endure. (1 Cor. 10:13, 1 Peter 5:6-11, Heb. 4:16, Heb. 13:5-6). Each day I Iive, I become more convinced that our God will direct the heart of all who will trust and obey him (Prov. 3:5-6). If God is our salvation, if God is our strength and song, if our faith is in him, we don't have to fear regardless of circumstances that surround us (Isa. 12:2-3). The 23rd Psalm begins with a powerful statement, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want". Our God is able to turn the worst day into a beautiful experience. He can make the light to shine through the darkest night (Psa. 27:1, Psa. 119:105, Psa. 105:129-136). There is no doubt in my mind of what God can and will do for us when we totally commit ourselves to him (2 Tim. 1:12). When we commit ourselves to him without reservation then there is nothing that can separate us from his love and care (Rom. 8:38-39).

 

I know not what is going to take place in the year 2013. For that matter, I don't know what is going to happen in the next moment. But this one thing I do know, there is not one ounce of doubt in my mind as to who controls my life and I am safely in his hands. (1 John 4:4,  5:11-13)

 

I pray that you will be strong in the Lord as you go forth on the pathway of life. I pray that each of you will prosper and be in good health in the days ahead, Most importantly, I pray that your souls will be in good health and prosper ( 3 John 2).

 

Charles Hicks

White  House, Tennessee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment